As blockchain-based games continue to gain popularity, more and more developers are turning to the Ethereum blockchain to build their gaming platforms. This is not surprising, considering the numerous benefits that the Ethereum blockchain offers over others imo.
Some of the key benefits of the Ethereum blockchain include:
- Smart contract functionality: Ethereum was the first blockchain platform to introduce smart contracts which allows for the automation of complex business and financial processes without the need for intermediaries.
- Developer community: Ethereum has one of the largest and most active developer communities which has resulted in the creation of a number of libraries, tools and frameworks making it easier for gaming developers to build here.
- Flexibility: Ethereum is a highly flexible platform which allows the creation of a wide range of dApps going beyond financial applications and towards the gaming sector too, making it more ideal.
- Interoperability: Ethereum’s compatibility with other blockchains through its use of smart contract programming languages like Vyper allows for the construction of decentralized applications (including games) that can interact with multiple blockchain networks.
Some examples of popular games built on Ethereum blockchain include:
1) Axie Infinity– a popular game that allows players to collect, breed, and battle fantasy creatures called Axies.
2) Gods Unchained– a digital trading card game that allows players to collect and battle with unique cards.
3) Vulcan Verse– an open world blockchain game built by Vulcan Forged where you can travel around and interact with games and events.
4) The Sandbox– a virtual world that allows players to buy and sell virtual land and assets.
Overall, in addition to the above-mentioned features, its decentralization, transparency and security make it an idea platform for building games involving digital assets and its benefits are clear.
What are you thoughts about this?
submitted by /u/plxmtreee